Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: Version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: To load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: No.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: Name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number).
- Purpose of collection: To provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: Collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: Shared with our payment gateways, shipping and fulfillment apps.
Customer support information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: Name, billing address, shipping address, email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: To provide customer support.
- Source of collection: Collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: No.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Woocommerce to power our online store. You can read more about how Woocommerce uses your Personal Information.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: https://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We do not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Woocommerce uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
Selling Personal Information
Our Site complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see here: https://gdpr-info.eu/
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address below.
We also use “cookies” on our Sites. Cookies are small text files that are assigned to your browser and stored on your device. Through them, certain information flows to the place that sets the cookie, such as settings or data for exchange with the system. This helps us to make our website more user-friendly and effective overall. The legal bases for this are your consent and our legitimate interests. Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses to your device.
We use session cookies, persistent cookies, and third-party cookies.
Session cookies store what’s called a session ID, which can be used to assign different requests of your browser to a common session. This allows your device to be recognized when you return to our website. For example, this lets you store certain information you have entered (such as log-in information, language settings) in such a way that you do not have to repeat it constantly. Session cookies are automatically deleted when you log out or close your browser.
Persistent cookies remain on your device for the time being, so that we can recognize your browser on your next visit and we can, for example, assign your preferred information and settings. Long-term cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie.
When you visit our website, our partner companies also store third-party cookies on your device. The cookies contain information about how our website is used, e.g. which pages and products were visited. The data is collected in a pseudonymized form by assigning an identification number, which is not combined with any other personal data you may have provided to us.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected] or by mail using the details provided below:
Gearbyhuman Store – Address: Head Office: 7 Coronation Road, Dephna House, London, United Kingdom NW10 7PQ